SPA Church has suspended all physical services and gatherings until further notice in accordance with the provincial government's instructions.
Connect with us on Facebook for the following:
- Sunday mornings Message @11am
- Tues & Thurs "Morning Moments" with Pastor Wes @ 8:30am for a 5 min devotional
- "SPA Kids @ Home" Saturday's @ 10am
You can also stay connected with us on:
You can also click here to view the sermons and mid-week media
Several nights ago, my 18-year-old daughter had a movie night with her friends from school. There was laughter and noise coming from her room, and then silence (when they watched the movie). No, she’s not one of those young people ignoring the rules of social distancing. She and her friends were enjoying a virtual movie night, connecting by Netflix and FaceTime/Zoom from their own homes. Even while the movie played, they could still talk to each other. It was quite interesting to say “hi” to her friends in this cozy atmosphere!
~~~~ We all need to socially connect! ~~~~
At a time when so many of us are isolated in our homes to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus, we need to take a lesson from these highly connected teens. Be inspired by them. Why not plan this one night for your kids? Watch a movie with another family together! Or Why not try for some “adult” time and conversation with several of your friends!
Set up an account with Zoom (a group video platform) and invite your friends to a movie night, one night of your choosing! You will be surprised how long you will want to “catch up” with each other, but you will also be able to offer support and encouragement as well. You will feel so refreshed seeing them and hearing their voices.
If you haven’t explored something like this – try it out! You can use FaceTime, Zoom or Google hangouts to see your friends and family. It is so uplifting to see actual faces when you talk with them!
Or, you can always try one of these …
- Fitness Anyone? Why not work out together as a family? Inside or Outside!
- What about walking the dog together? Getting fresh air always make you feel better.
- Take your family and go “Carolling” at your friend’s homes. This way you are still social distancing!
- Go to the Park – there are a few that are open! Just keep six feet of distance and bring hand sanitizer for afterwards!
- Pack a game from home and go out and find a picnic table and play the game outdoors. There so much more to look at in between turns!